Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Final Chapter


The final chapter was almost pointless to me. I felt like the chapter before could have finished the book and left many questions open which would have made me think about the book more. I am rather confused about Gatsby though. Gatsby is easily the most interesting character in my opinion. He Lived a life of mystery the whole book which really kept the book rolling. Without him the story would have been pointless. Nick would be my second favorite character behind Gatsby. Even though in the end Gatsby died I still would want to live his life. I really enjoyed reading about Gatsby's life even if he was crazy in love with another mans wife. However, I did not like ready about Tom. He really made my reading experience worse because of his cocky personality. Overall I would recommend this book to another person who is learning about the 1920's in history but never would I recommend it to someone for leisure.

2 comments:

  1. I agree in that It would be cool to live Gatsby life because of all the riches he has. But on the other hand i would not of made my life around trying to get a married girl who already has a kid. Also some problems that come with money are the responsibility and the ability to get friends that are real and true. Gatsby did not have real friends but people who used him, showing the funeral i believe was essential to confirm that people would just use him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't find it entertaining Derek? I think the beauty of this book is that it's kind of a dramatic mystery but also has tons of literary elements to it as well. Sometimes those elements can be hard to discern, but the story still flows nonetheless. Any commentary on Gatsby's dream?

    ReplyDelete